DJ Carl Hamm's Blog *~*~*~*~*~

~*~ LISTEN to “If Music Could Talk” Sundays 7-9pm EST on WRIR 97.3LPFM online or on your radio ~*~
~*~SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES~*~
~*~Podcasts~*~
http://carlhamm.net

Monday, March 21, 2011

My last day visiting the Maximum India series at the Kennedy Center - part 1

The Manganiyar Seduction - by Roysten Abel -- 32 Musicians appear one by one, in pairs, groups, and then all together... each were hidden behind velvet curtains which were drawn back as they were introduced into the piece... the lighting added to the mysterious ambience.... the performance as a whole took me to emotional heights that I rarely experience with live music.

I will personally testify that no form of recording could properly capture the energy of seeing it live, but at least for a sample, here is a clip I found on Youtube from their DVD. I also played an excerpt from their highly recommended CD during my radio show this past week.

CDs, DVDs and Vinyl LPs (<3) of a live performance by The Manganiyar Seduction are available on their label website here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 photo DEVI_SARASVATI_by_VISHNU108.gif